Most of us have been brought up to think about playing as something that we do in our free time – after coming home from work and having dinner, we might play a game of cards or go out in the yard to throw a frisbee or shoot some hoops. Over the past 14 months though, with many of us working from home, that line has sometimes become more blurred. And while this shift has not always been easy or healthy, it is perhaps an opportunity to re-assess our perceptions. What if work and play did not have to be in separate categories all the time? What if we brought some of the joy, creativity, and spontaneous energy that we usually reserve for playing to our work? Let’s play.
Here are some musical selections related to Play, our theme for the month of June:
· Don’t Worry Be Happy – Joseph Vincent: www.youtube.com/watch?v=cnC9jdsmM1M
· Let’s Go Fly a Kite (from “Saving Mr. Banks”): www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-P-aO0PgD0
· Girls Just Wanna Have Fun – The Mayries: www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rx7quc_FX4o
· Joy Comes Back – Ruthie Foster: www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXp4BfMtQ-c
· Yo-Yo Ma, Bobby McFerrin: www.youtube.com/watch?v=GczSTQ2nv94
· Southland – Lindsay Lou: www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONPrpnfdLT4