From Markus Grae-Hauck, Director of Music Ministries
Can songs change the world?
Peter Arian, the president of our congregation’s Board of Trustees, recently emailed me because he had heard a story on the radio that he thought might be of interest to my wife and I as parents of a transgender child (as well as to Beatrice, our daughter, herself):
I’ll make this brief: the album is a great mix (for all ages), and Beatrice loves it. There are 21 tracks covering a large range of topics, in a wide variety of styles. I imagine that these songs are going to be immensely helpful to strengthen the inner resources of a person struggling to be accepted in a world where gender identity is still used as grounds for discrimination. And yes, this struggle can be a person’s world, especially when they are young.
If you want to change the world, you can download the album here:
Payment is voluntary, and all proceeds go to Camp Aranu’tiq, a summer camp for transgender children.
Our theme for September is Renewal. Here is some music that speaks to this topic:
· Cleanse – Boatkeeper: www.youtube.com/watch?v=58IxUOtOxQk
· A New World (Latino Remix) – Jason Robert Brown: www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8q3onU82Us
· The Sound Of Sunshine – Michael Franti & Spearhead: www.youtube.com/watch?v=KqgHosrqJ8o
· Cantata No. 4 “Christ Lay in Death’s Bonds” – Johann Sebastian Bach: www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ffg4mU7FNE
· Dancing in the Dark – Bruce Springsteen: www.youtube.com/watch?v=7kfv4BZ9pJI
· We Shall Overcome – Nahko And Medicine For The People: www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBrjpcmk734